Things I Don’t Like About Google Buzz
by Devanshu Mehta
I generally like Google Buzz, especially things that it may enable with its APIs. Having said that, things I don’t like about Buzz so far:
- It brings every message that has a new comment to the top. I have to manually mute each conversation I don’t want to hear from again.
- It won’t let me comment on some Google Reader shares. It says “Oops, there was an error posting your comment. Please try again in a few seconds.”
- It doesn’t update feeds (twitter, rss, other) in real time. Sometimes delayed as much as 12 hours. Sometimes doesn’t show up at all.
- There is no way for me to share to a subset of people without everyone in that subset knowing the members of the subset. Confused?
- Finally, I would like more control over what gets posted. e.g. only tweets that are tagged #buzz.
- And recognize redundancy. If I post something to twitter and share it in Reader, don’t show my followers both.
Most or all of this can be fixed with subsequent updates, so I’m not worried.